Best small air fryer review
Who needs one of those icky deep fryers? Not today! Air fryers have been creating a buzz lately, and they might be the best purchase you ever made. By using an air fryer instead of a conventional oven or stovetop, you get more bang for your buck. In this guide, we'll tell you all about the ins-and-outs of air frying and what to look for in any good machine.
In this round up article, we provide all the best small air fryers that are on the market today and avoid ones that have been discontinued or have major complaints against them.
1. Ninja AF101 Air Fryer is a great small air fryer that comes with 700 watts of power and four preset menu settings: fries, burgers, chicken and fish. Using the Ninja AF101 Air Fryer is really easy because you have no knobs or dials to play with; everything is as simple as pushing a button. The fryer itself has a large 2.2 lb food capacity and could cook for one or two people in one session. It's also easy to clean with removable parts that can be placed on top of the dishwasher or run through the sink wash cycle.
2. DASH Tasti-Crisp™ Electric Air Fryer Oven Cooker with Temperature Control is pretty basic, but it has everything you need to get started with your air-frying adventures. It comes with a recipe book that includes 25 recipes, and you can create your own recipes using the digital timer. The fryer has a 2.2 lb food capacity, which is better than some of the higher end air fryers on this list. If you don't want to use the preset times or don't have time to mess with different buttons, it's still easy to operate with one knob for preheating and turning the fryer on or off.
3. Ninja SP101 Digital Air Fry Countertop Oven with 8-in-1 Functionality is a bit more advanced than the previous model; it comes with 1600 watts of power and five preset temperature and cooking programs for fries, chicken, grills, sausages and meats. There are also five pre-programmed timers ranging from one minute to thirty minutes. The housing itself is made from stainless steel, which looks a lot better than other metal models. It has a 4.2 lb food capacity that is perfect for cooking for two people without having leftovers.
4. Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10 Quart 6-in-1 DualZone XL 2-Basket Air Fryer is a great air fryer for beginners and has a lot of similar features to the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer. This fryer has digital controls, with programmable presets and digital timer that lets you set the time until you're ready to eat. The air fryer uses 1200 watts of power and has a 3.2 lb food capacity that can cook for one or two people. There are also recipes included in the instruction manual with enough space to add your own in the spot where they keep their recipes. You can also buy accessories that allow you to bake and roast with this air fryer!
Ninja AF101 Air Fryer that Crisps, Roasts, Reheats, & Dehydrates, for Quick, Easy Meals, 4 Quart Capacity, & High Gloss Finish, Black/GreyView on Amazon
DASH Tasti-Crisp™ Electric Air Fryer Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non-Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature, 1000-Watt, 2.6Qt, AquaView on Amazon
Ninja SP101 Digital Air Fry Countertop Oven with 8-in-1 Functionality, Flip Up & Away Capability for Storage Space, with Air Fry Basket, Wire Rack & Crumb Tray, SilverView on Amazon
Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10 Quart 6-in-1 DualZone XL 2-Basket Air Fryer with 2 Independent Frying Baskets, Match Cook & Smart Finish to Roast, Broil, Dehydrate & More for Quick, Easy Family-Sized Meals, GreyView on Amazon
CHEFMAN Small Air Fryer Healthy Cooking, 3.6 Qt, Nonstick, User Friendly and Dual Control Temperature, w/ 60 Minute Timer & Auto Shutoff, Dishwasher Safe Basket, Matte Black, Cookbook IncludedView on Amazon
NUWAVE Brio 6-in-1Air Fryer Oven Combo, 8-Qt X-Large Size, Powerful 1800W - 3 Wattage Settings 700, 1500, & 1800, Non-Stick Air Circulation Riser & Never-Rust Reversible Stainless Steel Rack IncludedView on Amazon
COSORI Air Fryer Oven Compact 3.7 Qt, Suitable For Families Of 1–3 (100 Recipes), 11 One-Touch Digital Presets, Preheat & Shake Reminder, Nonstick & Dishwasher-Safe Square Basket, 85% Less Oil, BlackView on Amazon
Instant Vortex 4-in-1, 2-QT Mini Air Fryer Oven Combo, From the Makers of Instant Pot with Customizable Smart Cooking Programs, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, App with over 100 Recipes, BlackView on Amazon
- BrandInstant Pot
Air Fryer 6.9QT/6.5L, Uten 1700W High-power 8 in 1 Deep Frying Mode, Rapid Heating up, Non-Stick Oven, Oilless Cooking, Fast Heat up/Time Control, LED Digital Touchscreen, BlackView on Amazon
BELLA 2.9QT Touchscreen Air Fryer, No Pre-Heat Needed, No-Oil Frying, Fast Healthy Evenly Cooked Meal Every Time, Dishwasher Safe Non Stick Pan and Crisping Tray for Easy Clean Up, Matte WhiteView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-10-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Benefits of small air fryer
Air fryers offer plenty of benefits that can make your cooking experience much easier. For instance, they can cook foods up to 70 percent faster than traditional ovens. The result is a tasty meal in less time with no added fat. Another benefit of a small air fryer is the lack of oil needed to make dishes that taste great and are healthier than deep-frying. Plus, you won't have to worry about the smoke and odors that come with deep-frying food because air frying doesn't use any oil at all. And lastly, like other items in your kitchen, an air fryer is compact and easy to store away when not being used.
The main features of an air fryer include heat control, a timer, and a basket
- Heat control allows you to choose the temperature of the air fryer by yourself and is the main reason why air frying is so much faster than deep-frying. If you don't want your food too hot, simply lower the temperature. If you want it cooked, but not burnt, then raise it up to a suitable temperature.
- The timer feature allows for cooking in about 20 minutes or less depending on the power source selected for your model. Also included are several different sized baskets for various sized foods such as vegetables, chicken, and even baking dishes.
- A basket is a great feature for air frying because it can help you to distribute the heat better across the food you are cooking. Also, if you are having trouble with a certain dish, such as fish that is falling apart, then simply use the basket to hold it together as it cooks.
Other critical factors
Certain air fryers come with a basket that can make cooking without fats easier. This is especially useful for preparing food items such as chicken, fish, and vegetables.
In general, another important factor to consider is the design of an air fryer. The range of designs and styles is plenty which allows you to pick one that suits your particular needs best.
So far, we have learned about the benefits of air frying over deep-frying and also considered its key features like heat control, timer, and defrost mode. And now let's look at some good options in terms of design and quality so that you choose one that best fits your lifestyle.
Also, a small air fryer is one of the best options for you because it cooks food in less time than larger models do. As an added bonus, these appliances are small and easy to store during the off-season. They are especially great for dorm rooms because they take up little storage space and make cooking healthier meals easier than using a full-size oven.
What is the best small-size air fryer?
The best air fryer to buy at the moment is one that fits your needs best. As a general rule of thumb, the less expensive a model is the cheaper it is going to be, but this doesn't always remain the case. This is why in some instances you can save more money by buying an older or outdated model. However, there are times when quality and features are more important than affordability which is why buying an air fryer with good quality and features can be beneficial for you over time.
Is it worth getting a small air fryer?
A small air fryer is the best choice to buy if you are looking for something that is portable, cheap and also versatile. You can use it to cook a variety of foods without worrying about over-cooking them because they will cook at a steady pace. It can also be used as an alternative or replacement for your traditional oven and won't cause you any problems in your kitchen or living room.
What air fryer is best for a single person?
There are two options that you can choose from when buying an air fryer. The first one is one that is small and compact which is perfect for a single person. They are easy to move around, take up little storage space when not being used and they also cook food at an even and steady pace. However, it's important to keep in mind that a smaller air fryer isn't going to retain heat as well as larger models do which means it will take longer for them to cook certain foods such as cakes and cookies.
We hope this article has been helpful to you in learning how to choose the best small air fryer. As you can see, there are a variety of models to choose from, and they all have their own unique features which make choosing one that best fits your particular needs a little trickier than it may seem. However, this short buying guide should help you make a good choice when buying an air fryer that is suitable for your needs and also has the features that you desire.